IV Therapy is a quick, simple, and effective way to boost your immune health, relieve symptoms of illness and improve your overall wellness.
The acronym “IV” stands for intravenous therapy, “intra-” meaning within or inside and “venous” relating to the veins. Thus, IV therapy is a method of administering fluids into the body via the blood vessels, and it’s the fastest way possible to deliver essential nutrients to your body. IV therapy is sometimes referred to as a “Drip”.
WHAT IS IV THERAPY USED FOR?
The growing use of IV therapy outside of hospitals focuses on symptom relief. IV Drips or IV THERAPY has become more popular in recent years as a treatment that produces tangible results and it ensure the body is hydrated, which is essential for your body to function optimally.
IV therapy is often used for conditions such as:
- Colds and flu
- Food poisoning
- Vitamin or mineral deficiencies
- Chronic medical conditions
- such as migraines, asthma, or
- chronic fatigue syndrome
- Weight loss support
Other people rely on IV therapy as part of routine health and wellness maintenance. Athletes, for instance, augment their training with IVs for workout recovery, or skin and hair nutrients. There are many options when it comes to the types of IV drips available. This is when it’s crucial to seek treatment with an IV provider that has the expertise to help you find the treatment that will bring you the best results.
HOW ARE IV DRIPS STARTED?
Starting an IV fluid drip involves a small tube called a catheter and a saline-based electrolyte solution that contains your selected vitamins and nutrients. An IV drip delivers these essential nutrients and fluids directly into your bloodstream, bypassing your digestive tract. There’s no wait time, and the nutrition is instantly available to remedy your body’s health and wellness needs.
At Blue Alchemy Hydration & Wellness, the process looks like this:
- Our nurses place a small, thin plastic tube called a catheter directly into your vein
- Once our nurse accesses your vein, the needle is removed.
- The catheter remains.
- The catheter is attached to a bag, which contains your selected drip!
In total, an IV drip takes around 30 to 45 minutes for a complete therapy session. This includes completing a few forms prior to your infusion as well as a quick health assessment. For your first Drip, you will have to have a health assessment completed by a NP or MD. here is a $25 fee for the Nurse Practitioner to complete the assessment.
WHAT GOES INTO AN IV DRIP?
Some IV drips contain electrolytes and salts, while others contain sugars, vitamins, and antioxidants. Each concoction differs depending on the health and wellness needs of each patient.
The most common ingredients that go into IVs include:
- Saline. This a solution of salt in water and is the most common type of fluid for IVs. A Saline solution is great for dehydration and hangovers since sodium is a type of electrolyte.
- Vitamins. The benefits of vitamins and antioxidants are essential, as they can give us a boost of energy, strengthen our immune system, plus so much more.
- Electrolytes. These essential elements and compounds hydrate our bodies, regulate nerve and muscle function, regulate blood pressure, and more. Besides sodium, your body needs potassium, calcium, bicarbonate, magnesium, chloride, and phosphate — all of which are electrolytes.
- IV fluids rehydrate the body with vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes so you feel better and more energized. Besides these ingredients, Blue Alchemy Hydration & Wellness offers other ingredients. For example, we offer anti-nausea and anti-inflammatory medication, which are commonly used to solve hangover symptoms.
- As a hydration and wellness spa, we use all these ingredients to formulate our drips based on the wellness needs of our patients.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF IV THERAPY?
Some of the many benefits of IV fluids include:
Vitamin deficiency prevention. You may experience health issues when you lack certain vitamins. IV therapy provides vitamins B (both B12 and B complex), C and D to support your overall health. Replenishing the body’s vitamin supply can promote a strong immune system; healthy muscles, nerves, and heart; restorative sleep; good mood and much more.
Access to healthy nutrients. Minerals and other supplements boost your well-being and can help alleviate symptoms associated with certain medical conditions. Some common IV ingredients include the minerals zinc and magnesium and the antioxidant glutathione.
Customized treatment. Working with our medical professionals, you can tailor a drip IV to meet your needs with a hand-picked selection of ingredients.
Convenient care. Our mobile service delivers relatively quick and painless IV procedures to your doorstep.
Working with a reputable health care provider to get IV therapy helps ensure that you get the vitamins, nutrients, and treatments your body needs to feel its best. IV infusions can support your health in many ways, IVs are not a cure for any disease. It’s also important to consult your doctor before getting an infusion, as treatment may not be right for you.
IS IV THERAPY SAFE?
Yes, IV therapy is very safe. All our vitamins are FDA-approved and go through high levels of testing before they’re made available to our clients. All IV drips are administered by a registered nurse and with guidance from our medical director. Before any client receives IV therapy, we evaluate their health history.
Side effects from an IV drip are generally non-existent or very mild. On occasion, you may experience some discomfort, bruising, itching, inflammation, or redness at or around the site of injection, and this could last from a few minutes to several days. However, true allergic reactions are extremely rare.
HOW QUICKLY WILL YOU FEEL THE EFFECTS OF THE IV DRIP?
IV therapy treatments often leave you feeling refreshed and revitalized once sessions are complete because they hydrate the body quickly. How quickly you feel other effects varies depending on the treatment and the health concern you are addressing, among other factors
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I GET AN IV?
We recommend our clients come in for IV therapy 1-2 times a month. We take a customized approach to suit your individual needs. For preventative health and wellness, we recommend two IV drips per month, as this helps balance out any vitamin deficiencies
Which two IVs should you get, you ask? From immune and energy boosts to weight management and hangover help, we offer a wide variety of drips that can meet your wellness needs. Check out all of the Drips and add-ins in our menu page.